17 February 2012

Ah! I looked at the site and noticed that my post for last Friday disappeared! To recap, here is what we did in class:

Since Miss Ritu will be out of town for the next few weeks, I worked with the older students today as Miss Gurpreet taught the younger ones. Vandna had been struggling with English verb tenses yesterday and reviewed them with Miss Gurpreet, so I suggested that she teach them to me today for her review purposes . . . and my grammatical edification.


During the second half of class, I played a number of games with the little ones, focusing on honesty. If a student made a mistake and was "out," she would have to admit this on his own and leave the game voluntarily.


From this play we branched out to a broader discussion about the importance of admitting one's mistakes and asking forgiveness.

No comments: