A Reflection

When Michaelle Wilson, my inspiring supervisor for my Senior Project at EPA, learned about Gyaan Ghar, she was impressed with the initiative and, as many are, with the fact that that I had come up with the idea at such a young age. But for the first time, it occurred to me that perhaps I had come up with the idea because I was so young. Would I take on the same project now? I sure hope so. But for children, logistics do not exist. There are goals, and there is fruition -- with not too many steps in between. And this is one of my aims for the students of Gyaan Ghar: that they be able to imagine, that they be able to dream dreams they consider but a few steps away from becoming reality. In short, that they be able to remain children for as long a time as the rest of us do, regardless of where they come from.

No comments: